Posted by Admin on December, 27, 2021
Buttermilk is a liquid that is the leftover substance of the whole milk. In India and its subcontinents, buttermilk is an attractive food ingredient. Buttermilk consists of milk sugar lactose, milk protein casein, and mostly of water.
Lactic acid is a unique ingredient of buttermilk. Lactic acid increases the acidity of the buttermilk and prevents the harmful bacterial growth, and it can extend the shelf life of buttermilk. Due to the presence of lactic acid, buttermilk is a slightly sour taste.
Naturally, buttermilk is thicker than regular milk. When bacteria in the buttermilk produce lactic acid, the pH level in the buttermilk will reduce. After reducing the pH level, buttermilk becomes thick, and a lower pH level makes the buttermilk acidic. The natural pH level of the buttermilk is 4.4 to 4.8.
Nutritional Value of Buttermilk
Buttermilk is a pack full of essential nutrients such as fat, calories, protein, carbs, fiber, calcium, sodium, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, and riboflavin. Fresh buttermilk exporters always try to provide fresh buttermilk to western countries.
The lactic acid in buttermilk can make it easy to digest. Lactose content in the buttermilk is responsible for easy digestion, and Lactose does not have any side effect for humans.
Buttermilk is a unique source of calcium and vitamin D; thus, it can maintain bone strength and prevent bone diseases such as osteoporosis. If you consume a glass of buttermilk everyday, you can see the significant changes in your bone density.
Buttermilk can control the high blood pressure of humans. Consuming buttermilk daily will reduce your high blood pressure and maintain the average blood pressure.
Buttermilk Making Techniques
If you require buttermilk immediately, you can make it to your home unless you buy buttermilk from fresh buttermilk exporters India. these are the simple processes of making buttermilk-
• At first, pour 1 cup of milk into a measuring cup.
• Arrange fresh lemon juice or white vinegar. For 1 cup of milk, use one tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar.
• Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes.
• The acid will curdle the milk perfectly and make it thicker than before.
Usages of Buttermilk
The unique usages of buttermilk that can be beneficial for your health and your kitchen are as follows-
• One can use buttermilk for tandoori chicken marination.
• One can mix buttermilk with cake batter to make it soft and delicious. Buttermilk-rich cake can be good for your health.
• If you add a spoon of buttermilk to heavy cream before whipping, it works great to enhance the taste of the flourless chocolate cake.
• You can use buttermilk for making pancakes, waffles, and french toast, and it can give a creamy texture to these foods.
• Buttermilk is also useful for making white sauce pasta, chicken gravy, apple pie, smoothies, and vegetable soups. Fresh buttermilk exporters India provides fresh buttermilk for the various usages of buttermilk.
From the above information, one can understand the requirement of using buttermilk in your regular diet. If you want to improve your overall health, you should consume fresh buttermilk every day.
This entry was posted on December, 27, 2021 at 17 : 09 pm and is filed under Fresh Buttermilk. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.
Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.